Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Freedom is something you have to take for yourself

Ohhhhh, of course I absolutely love the Connected Courses Daily Connect about finding quotes and making quote memes. YES! I have a blog called the Proverb Laboratory where I have collected lots of motivational posters (which I make with Automotivator) and LatinLOLCats (which I make with Cheezburger).

So, I am going to get re-engaged with Connected Courses today by cruising through blog posts, looking for quotes. I was totally out of it last week, so this is a great way to get back in! :-)

I'll start with this item from Cory Doctorow's Little Brother that I found in Maha Bali's beautiful post: Untitled and messy: trust in the blogosphere.
“You can’t get anything done by doing nothing…. I can’t go underground for a year, ten years, my whole life, waiting for freedom to be handed to me. Freedom is something you have to take for yourself.”
More quotes.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Susan! It was such a great way to revisit Mariana's posts yesterday which was at the top of my LONG list of Connected Courses things to do (infinite list? ha ha, probably)

    ReplyDelete

(I have limited this to Google accounts only, but no word verification; meanwhile, if you want to contact me directly, you can do that too! laura-gibbs@ou.edu.)