Pages

July 7, 2020

Twitter Highlights: July 7




I'm trying to spend less time at Twitter; the administrative goings-on at my school are just infuriating, and I don't want to spend all of July being angry. But there are some nice things from the class Twitter.



More goodness from National Park Service: I need all the social distancing humor for the Fall files!


Crayon art:


Beautiful map and important thread:


Resources from Poynter: free classes in July; I'll keep an eye out for more free stuff coming up in Fall.





Feedback dice from Tom Gauld: ha!


This NPR item could be nice for StoryLab and/or for the bio-writing: We Aren't Who We Think We Are


Cool item via Jennifer Ouellette: Mysterious Stone Age flint artefacts


Maria Popova on Rackham's Brothers Grimm: Rare and Revolutionary 1917 Illustrations


Puns at TikTok: When Wordplay Becomes Worldplay



Something coming from the Dalai Lama: Inner World



Important piece on digital blackface: Reaction GIFs



And a video on Miniature Books!


And a gorgeous Google Doodle from folklore: