Pages

March 15, 2019

Twitter4Canvas

I got a fun message in my Twitter4Canvas box: a new Canvas training project with its own Twitter account, and the Twitter embedded in a Canvas course. Here is the Twitter account: VCCCD CanvasTraining.

And here's a screenshot of the Twitter embedded in a Canvas Page:


Figuring out how to get Twitter feeds inside Canvas using only Canvas resources is one of the best hacks I learned about by hanging out at Canvas Community. It's a hack that works anywhere that iframe is allowed but javascript is prohibited, like in Canvas Pages. If you're curious, you can find all the step-by-step instructions here: Twitter4Canvas Step by Step.


I have to say, though, it is nice to be back here in the real blog world where I can just paste Twitter widgets in the sidebar of the blog without going through the extra steps to hide the javascript elsewhere which you have to do in Canvas Pages. :-)